A popular moorland walk, ideal for a picnic or paddle. Get the free essential guide with info, map and offers.
Discover the best route to Bronte Waterfall
Add your details to the form above and download the Essential Bronte Waterfall Guide to:
- Plan your trip and don’t miss anything.
- Complete the quiz looking for the clues along the way.
- Solve the Word Search.
- Look for ‘Charlotte’s Chair’, an L-shaped stone that for some bizarre reason, you just have to sit on. You will then be sitting where Charlotte used to sit contemplating her stories, so you MUST start your autobiography, short story or novel. Who knows?!
- Be brave and dangle your feet in the cold, moorland water. It’s exhilarating!
- Take a selfie on Bronte Bridge and share it with the world when you add a Google Review. We may even add it to this page!
How To Get There
It takes approx 45 minutes to walk from Haworth Main Street to the Bronte Waterfall or 25 minutes from Penistone Hill Country Park which has free parking.
It’s a relatively easy walk with larger stones and rougher terrain the closer you get. The Bronte Waterfall walk is therefore not suitable for wheelchairs or pushchairs.
You can decide to either walk back the same way or follow our map for a circular route.
Download the guide for a great map, fun stuff to do with the kids and get Haworth money-saving offers. We don’t do spam. Happy walking!
Bronte Waterfall Walk & Map
The Bronte Waterfall Essential Guide is a free PDF you can download with a really good map to follow and has important information, fun facts and quizzes to occupy the kids during the walk. The map shows the route from Penistone Hill Country Park (with free parking) to the falls. When you decide to leave, you can either return via the same way you came or follow the map for a more interesting circular route.
Sit On Charlottes Chair
Above Bronte Waterfall
Guided Walk Selfie
Bronte Bridge Walkers
Guided Walk Group
Gently Flowing Waterfall
Escape To The Moor Guided Walk
Bronte waterfall is visited on the ‘Escape To The Moor’ guided walk which takes you off the beaten track to many other key Bronte beauty spots. You’ll learn a great deal more about the area and if you don’t want to walk by yourself, you can walk with other like-minded people.