Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Bronte Adventures’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose address is 46 Main Street, Stanbury, Haworth, West Yorkshire. BD22 0HB. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. The material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law Bronte Adventures and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website or the Linked Sites and any materials posted thereon, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, information, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England.
This website and its content is copyright of Bronte Adventures 2020. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and to develop your own website only.
You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offense; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offense and Bronte Adventures will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms of Sale
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product or service on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
The service will be provided as posted on the website or as agreed between both parties if different. Dispatch times of products may vary according to availability and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays Covid-19 restrictions or force majeure for which we will not be responsible.
In order to contract with Bronte Adventures, you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. Bronte Adventures retains the right to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you by email. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorized user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
(a) Our Contract
When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order: this email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us will not be formed until we send you confirmation by either e-mail or by telephone and a date is set.
(b) Pricing and Availability
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods or services which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Delivery costs (if applicable) will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the ‘Total Cost’.
Upon receiving your order we carry out a standard authorization check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction. Your card, Stripe or Paypal will be debited upon authorisation being received. The monies received upon the debiting of your card, Stripe or Paypal shall be treated as a deposit against the value of the goods you wish to purchase. Once the goods have been despatched or services delivered, the monies paid as a deposit shall be used as consideration for the value of goods you have purchased as listed in the confirmation email.
Please refer to our dedicated Shipping page for details.
We only stock quality items on our website and take great care in despatching them to you in perfect condition. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any query or concern you have and we will do our very best to help you.
In accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you are able to cancel your order and obtain a refund (or exchange) within 28 working days from delivery.
Unless the goods are faulty, you will be required to arrange and pay for the cost of returning them to us. Please retain your proof of postage in order to provide proof to us that you have returned the goods in the unlikely event that we do not receive the returned parcel. We cannot accept liability for returned goods lost in transit.
If you require a refund we will refund the price paid by you for the goods (including the initial standard delivery charge, but not the additional cost of any premium delivery option that was chosen) within twenty eight (28) days of receiving your returned goods, provided that you have returned the goods to us within 28 working days of delivery to you or your notifying us of cancellation.
Products excluded from this are:
• Gift cards
• Booking Fees
• Personalised goods
Please note that a full refund will not be provided for returned goods that show signs of unreasonable use or where we are not able to resell the product.
Guided Walks And Runs
All participants are expected to be responsible for their own actions, taking into account the guidance given by the guide.
By booking onto the activity, it will be expected that you are fit and well enough to comfortably complete the activity. It is the participant’s responsibility to inform Bronte Adventures, in confidence, of any health conditions that may affect them during the activity and that you have consulted your doctor beforehand.
Participants are also expected to wear appropriate warm/wet weather clothing as well as sturdy footwear.
Participants leaving an activity, for whatever reason, must inform the guide before doing so and understand that they are no longer covered by our insurance.
Should inclement weather be expected, customers are able to re-schedule their activity within 12 months of the planned date, subject to availability. A £10 admin fee per person is charged on all cancellations.
Linking To This Website
You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you or could damage our search engine rankings. This Website must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Bronte Adventures, its officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use this Website or your breach of the Terms of Sale.
Bronte Adventures shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please let us know via email@example.com if you have any complaints or comments.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
The above Terms of Sale constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Bronte Adventures. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by the owner of Bronte Adventures.